COTD: Apple Crisp

I'm sure we've all experienced that feeling when you get a craving for something specific but you just can't figure out what it is. About two hours ago I figured out what my COTD (Craving of the day) was-apple crisp! Unfortunately, I went down to the kitchen to discover that my dad had eaten the last of it. Alas, there was no need for me to be sad for long! A little digging through my mom's cookbooks and I found a recipe for apple crisp which also happened to be rated "very good" by my mom (translation: 9-10/10).

Making it was a lot simpler than I expected. It took me about 10 minutes to mix everything together and then it baked in the oven for 40 minutes. The recipe is below but I recommend that you double the amount of oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter and put half the mix on the bottom for a thicker pie. Also notice the directions to cut butter into the mix. If you don't know how to to do that, definitely search it up because you won't get the crumble on top.




Ingredients
1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter/margarine
2 pounds of apples (4-6 medium sized apples)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar

Directions
Combine oats, brown sugar, flour cinnamon and a dash of salt in a medium sized bowl. Cut in butter until the mixture become small coarse crumbs and then set the bowl aside. Core, peel and slice the apples and then place fruit in a 10x6x2-imch baking dish. Sprinkle the granulated sugar over the apples. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes at 350F. Serves 6.


xx
Tiana










Comments

Popular Posts